LAG Kuudestaan is local association for rural development located in the province of South Ostrobothnia in the western part of Finland
Our region includes four municipalities: Alavus, Kuortane, Soini and Ähtäri. The distance to the Finnish capital, Helsinki, is 300-350 km and to other bigger towns as follows: Seinäjoki, 40-80 km, Tampere 100-140km, Jyväskylä 80-120km and Vaasa 120-150km. LAG Kuudestaan region has ca 28 000 inhabitants.
Here you can find links and brochures of our tourist attractions & accomodation in different languages:
- A rural holiday brochure, Alavus (English & Russian)
- Visit Alavus
- Tuuri, Finland’s biggest villageshop (English)
- Ouran loma accomodation (English, Swedish, Russian, German)
- Kuortane Sport Resort (English)
- Hiekkaranta Bed & Breakfast (English)
- Ähtäri tourist info (Russian)
- Ähtäri Zoo (English, Swedish, Russian)
- Hyvölän talo accomodation (English, Russian and German)
Characteristics of the area:
Untouched nature, numerous beautiful lakes, the peace and tranquility of the countryside can be found in our area. We have charming old wooden houses, typical in our region as well as modern civilization in the middle of genuine natural surroundings.
On the other hand, we have lots of cultural events, festivals, activities for kids, art galleries, museums as well as shopping possibilities in our region.
Our livelihood lies mainly upon timber industry as we have several companies producing timber houses, windows, doors and other wooden structures. We also have a long tradition in boat manufacturing and other engineering industries. Agriculture is still strong part of our everyday lives.
Taitotie 1, FIN-63300 Alavus
phone: +358 40 591 9728